cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went from over 20k in debt down to just 5k.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went from over 20k in debt down to just 5k.

The 5k left is my car loan. I can't believe I made it this far, there was so many hurdles to jump over to clear my credit. I got a Verizon cellphone bill 1k removed, an apartment lease collection for 9k removed, my student loan removed, my capital one baddies all removed, first premier collection removed, and I think that's it. Now I'm just trying to get rid of these **bleep** inquiries. I went a little crazy applying for CC's back when I didn't understand anything about credit.  My score when I first started working on it was about 500 and now it currently sits at 640. Smiley Happy if I can do it, then any of you guys can do it l it!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: Went from over 20k in debt down to just 5k.

Nicely done! Those inq's will age off in time. You're doing great!!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The 5k left is my car loan. I can't believe I made it this far, there was so many hurdles to jump over to clear my credit. I got a Verizon cellphone bill 1k removed, an apartment lease collection for 9k removed, my student loan removed, my capital one baddies all removed, first premier collection removed, and I think that's it. Now I'm just trying to get rid of these **bleep** inquiries. I went a little crazy applying for CC's back when I didn't understand anything about credit.  My score when I first started working on it was about 500 and now it currently sits at 640. Smiley Happy if I can do it, then any of you guys can do it l it!

The inquiries will remain. You can't get rid of them. 

Where did you obtain your score?

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my ficos off of this site and also at each credit bureau.
Message 4 of 16
bakermommy
Established Member

How did you get your apartment lease collection removed? Who's the CA? I'm having some issues with inaccuracies. It was removed from one CRA but not the other two. Any help would be great! And kudos to your success!!

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bakermommy wrote:

How did you get your apartment lease collection removed? Who's the CA? I'm having some issues with inaccuracies. It was removed from one CRA but not the other two. Any help would be great! And kudos to your success!!

I'm wondering the same thing. Also, did you have to pay all of that debt off or were you able to negoiate lower payments? I'm trying to fiure all of this out so that I can avoid bankruptcy myself, but I also have a $9k apartment lease on there, plus an $11k car repo. If it wasn't for those two things, paying off my debt would be super simple.

Message 6 of 16
bakermommy
Established Member

How old are the two debts? And who are they with? Some companies will work with you and offer a settlement
Message 7 of 16
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I am happy for you to get 75% of your debt knocked out. How did you deal with the student loans, I have about 2 lates from 2012, 13, and 15.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't pay a single dime to any of the companies. And in reguards to the student loan I kept disputing it as in verify if the debt was correct or not. Then I found a site that said you can get your student loan removed if you are disabled. So I requested that form but never filled it out. And then I ended up I disputing it as a fraudulent account and a few weeks later it was removed from all 3 bureaus.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

congratulations! I have been struggling to get rid of an apartment gone wrong on my credit report for ages but they won't budge. How did you do it?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.