Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Were to start?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were to start?

Hey guys new here and would like some help/advice. I am 22 and started my credit life at 18. I got approved for a $600 discover it card $1500 good year card $500 amazon store and a us bank card for $300.

Well life happened and I lost my job and had a baby at the same time. So I let the cards go as I had other priorities to handle at the time. Now however I am ready to start turning my credit scores around and get back up to the 700's.

Current status:
Cap One secured $200 CL and balance at $192 ( I know keep it under 10% but Christmas haha) this is my only open credit line.
Shell $500 I am just a authorized user on my grandparents account which is awesome since they've had that account since 84
Student loan $2700 and current on that.

Closed accounts:
Discover $870
US bank $670
Amazon $0 (however it says purchased by another lender but do not show any creditor on my report collecting that).

Collections
Goodyear $1945
Sprint $0 closed (PIF)

Where should I start? What should I do to increase my score and start building to a good solid score for a car or a home or better cards?

TU 543 EX 537
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Were to start?

1. Get your actual FICO scores from either here or creditchecktotal.com.
2. Pay/settle the Discover, Goodyear, and US Bank cards. They are bringing your scores down since the balance is counting in your UTI.
3. GW the Sprint account. Find out how has the Amazon account and make arrangements to pay before it gets reported to the CRAs.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Are the closed Discover and US Bank accounts currently delinquent, or are they paid?

What is the DOFD on the Goodyear collection, and do you contest the debt?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks rmduhon I have the 3B scored from fico but haven't renewed my subscription this month. I believe EQ was also in the low 540s. Also the amazon account has been delinquent just as long as all my other accounts. I'll get ahold of them and see what's going on then.

RobertEG the closed accounts are delinquent. The Goodyear debt is true and is mine. The collection was opened in June of 16 so not very long. However citi/Goodyear no longer appears on my credit report even as a $0 balance account. It disappeared a few months ago.

Some good news however, today check the scores again and had a 45 point increase!! Capital one gave me a 300 dollar CLI with out even asking for it!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.