Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

West Asset Management GW response...

tag
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

West Asset Management GW response...

2/22/2014- I sent a GW to West Asset Management via their online form. Received a letter from the 2/26/2014 reading;

Dear xxxxx,

Your account indicated above has been paid in full. If this account was previously reported to any credit reporting agency or agencies, we will notify the agency or agencies of the current status. Thank you for your cooperation in working with us to resolve your account. 

West Asset Management

I understand this to say they will just mark it as paid although that's how it already is reported. Should I try again or move on to the OC which is Vectren/Indiana Gas Company? They were PIF immediately after realizing the account was behind, but already to collections. From what I have read they have the ability to pull the account back and require WAM to stop reporting. Is this correct? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: West Asset Management GW response...

Sounds like they will report it as a paid collection, move on to the OC for now, ask them to recall the CA.

Message 2 of 8
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

The account was already marked "paid in full; was a collection" by West Asset Management. The OC is a utility company and is not reporting. Would trying to have it pulled from the CA cause them to report? I paid the OC as soon as I found out the account was delinquent, but it had already went to a CA.
Thanks.
Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@CBARR82 wrote:
The account was already marked "paid in full; was a collection" by West Asset Management. The OC is a utility company and is not reporting. Would trying to have it pulled from the CA cause them to report? I paid the OC as soon as I found out the account was delinquent, but it had already went to a CA.
Thanks.

There are risks in credit repair just like anything else, the CA just told you they are leaving it on the report, you can GW them every 3 months if you want or you can take a risk and see if the OC will help. Up to you and good luck.

Message 4 of 8
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

Just making sure I am clear on this subject before I do something I regret. Lol. The OC has the authority to pull back the account from the CA? If so I have a good standing relationship with Vectren now and may give it a whirl. Thanks for the encouragement gdale. Taking it step by step right now!

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, the can pull back a debt.  But since it is already paid they may not.  It is usually used as an incentive for them to do something for you to pay the debt.

Message 6 of 8
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Yes they have that authority if they still own the debt. And the CA will have to remove any reporting on your CR. Good luck
Message 7 of 8
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

How would someone go about approaching this issue with the OC? Ex ain I had a charge off with them and then ask to return the account from the CA? Basically I am Urs of how to word this so that they will understand what my request is. Can anyone assist in being my speech coach?? :-)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.