Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

West Asset Management ignoring me

tag
nodnol214
Valued Member

West Asset Management ignoring me

I had a final services bill from Qwest from 2010 that went to collections well before I had a chance to pay it (like a week after I got the final bill).  Once West Asset Management (WAM) received it and called me one day to collect, I paid it right away over the phone.  They entered the collections on all three credit reports anyway.  I've tried mailing and faxing letters.  I tried disputing it based on the fact that it has the wrong amount of the collection on it, and that didn't work.  

Does anyone have a decent contact for them?  Any ideas on what I can do?  I'd like to Goodwill them to death, but can't seem to find that "magic" address or phone number.  Should I just let this sit on my report?  It's the only collection account (closed or open) on my reports at this point.

Thanks in advance for your help!

7/12 starting score 498
2/13 score 603 = Fingerhut $800
5/13 score 627 = Walmart $600
9/13 Ex 630, Eq 608, Trans 650, Fingerhut $1100, Walmart $600, Merrick Bank $700, Cap One Sec $225
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: West Asset Management ignoring me

Persistence is key. How many GW requests have you mailed, phoned, faxed, etc.?

Message 2 of 4
nodnol214
Valued Member

I've sent goodwill letters via mail (just regular mail) and fax to multiple addresses and fax numbers I"ve found through online searches.  I've sent three faxes and have mailed 5 letters.  I'm not even sure if they're getting to the right place.  I'm just addressing it to the business, Attn: Customer Service.  Alas, no luckSmiley Sad

7/12 starting score 498
2/13 score 603 = Fingerhut $800
5/13 score 627 = Walmart $600
9/13 Ex 630, Eq 608, Trans 650, Fingerhut $1100, Walmart $600, Merrick Bank $700, Cap One Sec $225
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Keep at them. Also try calling too. Yesterday I found only one address after a quick search, and I don't know which address they list on your CRs. But definitely keep on keeping on.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.