Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Does This Mean???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Does This Mean???

I sent a DV letter to Central Financial Control for two medical bills...one from 2003...and the other from 2005...the one from 2003 I know if definitely not mine...

I sent the DV letter on April 20, 2008....I got two letters back..one dated April 30th..saying they received my letter dated April 13th...I don't know what that means...and the other dated May 1st...saying they received my letter date April 20th...both letters say:

"We are investigating the concerns and issues outlined in your letter. All collection activity has been suspended on this account pending our investigation of these issues. When the investigation has been completed we will send to you a reply advising you of our conclusions, the amount which we determined is owed, and whether or not we will be recommencing debt collection activities."

Last night, when I updated TC...I saw they had updated one of the accounts...on May 15th...What does this mean??.....I have not gotten anything from them as far as DV...they have not updated the one I know is not mine...Does this mean they are going to delete????

Message Edited by slyhouse08 on 05-19-2008 01:43 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Does This Mean???

Medical collections are handled different from other debts!!!  read this & use the link for letters  do not change anything!!!!!
Do a search for the HIPAA letter and follow the steps.

To protect your rights under HIPAA, you should not write or correspond with a Collection Agency regarding a medical collection account within SOL.
This process is not applicable if the account is valid and you are unable to pay.  The medical claim must either be paid, inaccurate, or you are prepared to remit the valid correct amount due with the HIPAA letter.
The Pre-HIPAA letter is sent to the CRA to dispute medical collection accounts on your CR that are within SOL and are:  paid, valid but unpaid, "not mine" or inaccurate.
  1. Dispute a paid medical collection directly with the CRA and they should delete.  If not deleted, but verified, send HIPAA letter (Whychat's process - insert b). 
  2. Dispute valid but unpaid medical collections because you need the CRA to verify the balance.  There may be no valid balance due and the CRA will delete.  Only after the CRA has verified and you agree that the amount is correct is the HIPAA letter sent with payment (Whychat's process - insert a).  The payment amount should be the same amount as was verified by the CRA and on your CR.
  3. If the medical collection account is "not mine" or inaccurate, you need to have disputed the medical collection listing with the CRA.  Only after the CRA verifies and does not delete an invalid or inaccurate medical collection do you send the HIPAA letter (Whychat's process - insert a or b).
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know..you posted this before...I can not connect to the link...or by typing it directly in...I don't know...do you have a sample Pre-Hipaa...or Hipaa letter..that you can post...I will really appreciate it....
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally I got the letters...thanks to Lady_Scarlet....I starting to write NOW!!!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do I do if the OC (hospital) is closed down...under new ownership????
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.