Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Increase Can I Expect?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Increase Can I Expect?

I know that no one can tell me for sure what kind of point increase I can expect when negative marks fall off, however, I am wondering what some of your score increases have been when baddies are removed? I only have two bad accounts, both charge offs, and both reporting many 30/60/90/120 day lates. One of the accounts is due to age off in a few months (i'm going to try all three CRAs for early exclusion) and then I wrote goodwill letters for the other account (just waiting for a response). My current scores are anywhere from 660-680. I have 3 reporting TL, all on-time, low UTL and two new accounts that are not reported, however, the inquiries are there. 

With both of my negatives gone what kind of increase would be expected?! Or what increase did you get when yours fell off?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What Increase Can I Expect?

@Anonymous wrote:

I know that no one can tell me for sure what kind of point increase I can expect when negative marks fall off, however, I am wondering what some of your score increases have been when baddies are removed? I only have two bad accounts, both charge offs, and both reporting many 30/60/90/120 day lates. One of the accounts is due to age off in a few months (i'm going to try all three CRAs for early exclusion) and then I wrote goodwill letters for the other account (just waiting for a response). My current scores are anywhere from 660-680. I have 3 reporting TL, all on-time, low UTL and two new accounts that are not reported, however, the inquiries are there. 

With both of my negatives gone what kind of increase would be expected?! Or what increase did you get when yours fell off?

I just had a BK7 removed from TU it was the last baddie and I went from 739 to 805 Fico 08 Model. The big increase doesnt come until the last neg drops off so if there are others you might only see a few points. Age also will affect how many, if they have been reporting it current or within the last few years then you would likely see a larger bump than one that hasnt reported for 7 years.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Increase Can I Expect?

Depends on the age of the accounts that dropped off . Sometimes you see a big increase and sometimes not much due to your AAoA decreasing .
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.