Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Next?

tag
clewis122
Valued Member

What Next?

Hi!

I'm in the early stage of my credit rebuild. I've nearly cleared all of my reports (one baddie on EQ due to come off in Feb 2016, but I'll be asking for an early exclusion in Jan 2016). I've also had the Capital One Secured($200) & Credit One($300) cards for about 3 months. Got a CLI($150) on the Credit One card a month ago. I've just recently been approved for the Capital One Quicksilver & Platinum cards.

Any advice moving foward? What goals should I have in mind?

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Next?

Looks like you are on your way.

Do you have any installment loans?  Auto/Student/etc.   If not - a small rebuilder or shared secure loan might be something to look into.   It will help your credit mix.

Other than that - since you have three cards - just let them grow and make your payments ontime until you can qualify for more unsecured cards and then close the old secured cards out.

Message 2 of 4
clewis122
Valued Member

I was thinking that a small installment loan would be my next step. I'm not looking to gain any hard inquiries at the momoent, so I think I'll hold off on that.

Thank you!!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@clewis122 wrote:
Hi!

I'm in the early stage of my credit rebuild. I've nearly cleared all of my reports (one baddie on EQ due to come off in Feb 2016, but I'll be asking for an early exclusion in Jan 2016). I've also had the Capital One Secured($200) & Credit One($300) cards for about 3 months. Got a CLI($150) on the Credit One card a month ago. I've just recently been approved for the Capital One Quicksilver & Platinum cards.

Any advice moving foward? What goals should I have in mind?

Thanks in advance!

Looks like you have 4 cards now. Wait about 6-8 months, then start looking for prequals for better cards, and close the credit one and the cap one secured after you get them. 

Your score will start to rise if you take care of your utilization. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.