Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Next??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Next??

I had a $91.00 collection on my credit report (all 3) well, the CA (Hollis Cobb) told me over the phone that they had several accounts with them and wanted me to make payment arrangements for the total over all.  I explained I could not afford to that.  So, I sent them a PFD to see if I could get what I wanted.  That did not work because the responded with the 2 other collections itemizied statements ONLY!  So, I called the OC for the $91.00 reported on my credit and paid them directly.   How do I get this $91.00 dollar medical collection off of my report, now?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: What Next??

You must never communicate with a CA over the phone, unless you absolutely have to. Everything must be in writing for proof, so that you will be protected.

Now to get this paid med collection removed you must follow the "Hipaa Process". They've recently added a  thread dedicated to medical related disputes. You need to read over in thread!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Head over to the HIPAA thread.  Paid collections are not supposed to stay on credit reports.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Just to clarify.....Paid regular collections will stay..paid medical should not.
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shoot.   Thanks brownee!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.