Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Should I Do?? Just Want Some other's Opinions

tag
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: What Should I Do?? Just Want Some other's Opinions

nolamike's spreadsheet is a fantastic tool.  You're done in a year if you stick to it. 

I will tell you though, I work full-time, 40 hours a week and am a single parent of two (older teens). I work 10 hours a week at a part time job. Nets me about $500/mo and right now that's going towards eliminating some outstanding debts (I have about $1,200 on cards but have some medical and tax debt). If I can keep it going through the summer I'll have some to sock away towards a trip. 

Think about it.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 21 of 22
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

Re: What Should I Do?? Just Want Some other's Opinions

MrsCHX,

when I say this i mean no disrespect to Bentlyboii, but older folks, parents like us, understand that necessity helps us find a way to do that "extra" job, earn that extra money,  instead of accepting roadblocks or worrying about if it digs into our relaxation time.

I am truly glad for him that he has a living arrangement that apparently works for him and his parents and all that, but to some degree having that parental safety net is not really preparing him for the real world after his parents are no longer there for him.

Having to overcome problems and stretch yourself when you are young builds character and can mold a much better middle and old age for the person. That safety net takes away some of the "danger" of having to make tough decisions and choices on your own. sink or swim. do or die type stuff and without that I find people end up relativelyl lackluster in their life and problem solving skills later on.

You on the other hand are successful at life. You have found a way to find a way. Yep I bet you made compromises to do it, but you made the right choices to fix whatever problem you had in a positive and productive way.

as for the spreadsheet, I would upload a template but truly the only formulas are as I wrote in that last message. They are easy enough to input even for an excel novice.

For debt payment status and tracking i like that format and placing the monthly changes in red between the months allows for a visual continuity thatneeds little to no excel "skills' to achieve. I could have made it much more complex, but why?

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.