Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Should I Do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Should I Do?

I've been lurking here for a little while and I see a lot of quality advice here, so I signed up to see what kind of feedback I would receive. Anyway, here is the scenario. I have 2 judgments and 2 collection accounts on my report. The two judgments are both from collection agencies and are both PIF. One of the collection accounts is the original creditor for one of the judgments. I paid the CA who had the judgment, but the OC still reports that I owe the $2,500. I have no credit cards or available credit of any kind right now. I am going to get a secured credit card to start to establish that again, but I want to know what is the best way to handle this situation. My scores right now are 579, 580, and 615, and I am hoping to add at least 20-30 points to them ASAP to try to get qualified for a mortgage.

Should I contact the OC and get them report that the debt is PIF? Would the boost from that offset updating the DOLA? I know I can also ask them to delete it from my report, but I can't count on that. I appreciate any responses and advice.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What Should I Do?

You can call the OC that's reporting and ask them to delete (if reporting as a baddie) or simply update (if not reporting bad). Or you can mail a GW for them to delete or update.They are misreporting and you certainly can dispute the balance, but just in case they update with some lates, I'd stick with the GWs.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.