cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Should i do.?

tag
rolfihenriquez2

What Should i do.?

Hey all, im just wondering what i should do to further improve my credit scores. right now my experian is in 646 equifax in 632 and transunion 706. i have 2 credit cards a navy federal with a limit of 8000 and a balance of 2000. and another credit card with a limit of 500 and a balance of 0. ive had both of these cards for about 2 years and ive only asked for a credit increase on my navy federal about 9 months ago. my most recent negative account is a judgement that i had and knew nothing about but i paid it off in augus 7th of 2011 and i requested a CDJ from the court which should arrive tomorrow they told me if i send the credit reports the CDJ that they would have to take the judgement off. other 3 negative accounts were 2 chase credit cards and 1 student loan that went to collection but i paid thoes off back in 2009. and i also had to get my car under my sisters name and i co signed and owe 27k ive had it for about 7 months.since the day i payed off my negatives in 2009 ive never been late or missed a payment on my credit cards or my car. i have about 9-15 hard inquiries when i was trying to get the car on my own and horribly failed. so i am a little paranoid about signing up for another credit card or asking for a credit increase. what do you guys recommend i should do? at what credit score should i apply for credit?

thanks for the help

Nov. 2013
Experian: 646
Equifax: 632
Transunion:706
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
rolfihenriquez2

Re: What Should i do.?

oh and i forgot. my current income is about 56K a year.

Nov. 2013
Message 2 of 9
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

How old are the inq? Can you try to get the baddies (collections and lates) removed? I think if you let the inq age off, and PFD or GW remove the baddies, you will be in a more comfortable position. When is the last time you tried for a loan?

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

The quickest thing you can do to increase scores is pay off some of the 2K debt 

Next step work on improving CR's 

Between those two you could see scoring gains 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I presume what you are receving is a record that the plaintiff has reported satisfaction of the debt to the court.

Once the court records are updated to show satisfaction of the judgment, the CRA must update to show paid.

In a dispute, the CRA will reinvestigate the public records, and update only what the current record shows.

They will not delete the judgment unless the court has issued a vacature of their own judgment.

Message 5 of 9
rolfihenriquez2

most of them are 7 months to a year. how do i get them removed? what is pfd and gw ?

Nov. 2013
Message 6 of 9
rolfihenriquez2

thats what i intend to do on friday im going to put 1700 on it .

Nov. 2013
Message 7 of 9
rolfihenriquez2

i already got a letter of satisfaction and i sent it to them and they just updated it. when i called the court i asked them how can i get it removed and they told me i needed a CDJ to get it removed. i kept asking specifically if its going to remove it or just update it i called like 4 different times and spoke to 4 different people and they all told me the same thing. that it will get it removed for sure. i hope they're right

Nov. 2013
Message 8 of 9
rolfihenriquez2

oh and i asked navy federal for a credit increase and they gave it to me. from 8k to 9k and then i tried applying for a discover it card and got denied Smiley Sad

Nov. 2013
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.