Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Steps do i take?

tag
Percy
Regular Contributor

What Steps do i take?

Whats steps do i take to remove these two off my account.... these are hitting my credit report big time....

Capital One I had already settled with them in 2005, but its showing up that i have late payments in 2006? not possible because account is closed.

CAPITAL ONE

Address: 
PO BOX 30281
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84130
(800) 955-7070
Account Number:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX....   Address Identification Number:
XXXXXXXX
Status Details:  This account is scheduled to continue on record until Apr 2012.
This item was verified and updated on May 2008.
Date Opened:
08/2004 Reported Since:
08/2004 Date of Status:
09/2006 Last Reported:
09/2006 Type:
Revolving Terms:
NA Monthly Payment:
$0 Responsibility:
Individual Credit Limit/Original Amount:
NA High Balance:
$781 Recent Balance:
NA Recent Payment:
NA Creditor's Statement:  Account legally paid in full for less than full balance.

Account History:
Charge Off as of Feb 2006 to Sep 2006
180 days past due as of Dec 2005
150 days past due as of Nov 2005
120 days past due as of Oct 2005
90 days past due as of Sep 2005
60 days past due as of Aug 2005
30 days past due as of Jul 2005, Apr 2005

MACYS Address: 
9111 DUKE BLVD
MASON, OH 45040
No phone number available
Account Number:
XXXXXXXXX....   Address Identification Number:
XXXXXXXX
Status Details: 
This item was verified on May 2008 and remained unchanged.
Date Opened:
06/2005 Reported Since:
07/2005 Date of Status:
01/2007 Last Reported:
01/2007 Type:
Revolving Terms:
NA Monthly Payment:
$0 Responsibility:
Individual Credit Limit/Original Amount:
NA High Balance:
$136 Recent Balance:
NA Recent Payment:
NA Creditor's Statement:  Account closed at credit grantor's request.

Account History:
120 days past due as of Dec 2005
90 days past due as of Nov 2005
60 days past due as of Oct 2005
30 days past due as of Sep 2005

Any assistance in steps i should take to remove this is greatly appreciated..... im pretty retarded when it comes to stuff like this....

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: What Steps do I take?

Welcome to the forums,

I have read both of your post about capital one. It sounds like they can not verify, their computers couldn't find your acct and transferred 5times. But when you disputed with the CRA, their computer talks with Cap one computer, sounds like the reporting tape is the only one that has your info.

I'm not the wisest person here but, I would suggest looking at a MOV letter, check it out under the Frequently Requested Threads, and see what you think. Smiley Wink

Also if you haven't already read the stickys links at the top of the board, to become familiar with credit repairing.
BTW, the search box is very useful
FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Both accounts are still showing a balance and it is probably the difference between the settled amount and what the original amount was.

Unfortunately, it is legal for them to do this.  It says account settled for less than full amount, not that the debt was satisfied.  If it said satisifed, it would indicate you no longer owed anything.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 09-03-2009 12:32 AM
Message 3 of 18
Percy
Regular Contributor

so if thats the case should i DV?
Message 4 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can not DV an OC and that is who is reporting these 2 accounts.

You might consider a PFD for them if you can afford to do so.  Both of the accounts are more than likely out of SOL so I would not worry too much about being sued.

Message 5 of 18
Percy
Regular Contributor

how can i PFD if i already settled the accounts? and also why would i pay them if i already settled?
Message 6 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It is reporting OK. It is a paid CO. Send both GW letters asking for deletion.

ETA....Macys can be very open. If you want to reopen the account, they might be able to do so. Call them and ask. If they say no, then you could always ask for a deletion over the phone.

Message Edited by llecs on 09-03-2009 01:03 PM
Message 7 of 18
Percy
Regular Contributor

GW Letters saying what? Im not that great at writing letters lol.... what would make them delete it? heh
Message 8 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Abester000 wrote:
GW Letters saying what? Im not that great at writing letters lol.... what would make them delete it? heh

Use this as a guide:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=127809

Just draw up a letter saying that you made a mistake or had this or that happen to you during XYZ time period. As a result of this or that, you were late in a couple of accounts include yours....I was able to recover and fulfill my credit obligation with you and paid off the account.

Continuing....I (my spouse and I) are cleaning up our credit in hopes of doing this or that this year (buy a home, buy a car, officially declare ourselves debt free, etc.) and the first step to that is cleaning up our credit. I am writing today to ask for a goodwill adjustment on late remarks from this or that period. Would Mr.OC (CapOne, Macys, etc.) consider helping us out?

Respectfully yours,

You.

You get the idea.

What would make them delete it? 2 things: compassion and future business. If they help you out now, wouldn't you be more open to doing business with them in the future? BTW, for the CapOne, mention you have another account active, open, and current.

Message 9 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

To add....make sure you ask them to delete any "settled" reference and "payment for less than full reference". Per FICO scoring, a settlement is just as bad as a CO.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.