Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What To Do About Open Sky Charge

tag
dznen1
Regular Contributor

What To Do About Open Sky Charge

Well, I decided to put my  first charge of  $10 on my new Open Sky card so that I could pay it right back, which would have been the $35 AF plus $10 I spent at Ross.  I told the cashier that I wanted to put the purchase on two different cards (the balance being $33 & change.  She said to put the first thru(which I used Open Sky) she put the entire amount on that card.   

I then had to do a return and they credited that amount back to Open Sky and a new transaction was done. 

What should I do?  When I look at my account it shows both transactions as pending but, not the credit for the return, yet.  Should I pay the two pending  ($43.39 + $10 + $35 AF) and leave  $2 to report, now , or wait until I see the $43 credited to my account? 

I do not want to mess this up.  

Help please. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: What To Do About Open Sky Charge

"pending" is just a handshake and means nothing.    wait for the charges to "post". that is the actual amount you will pay.    the pending that was returned will most likely never post on your statement.  if it does it will show as a "credit" against your total statement,  along with the total purchases.

don't sweat the small stuff.    use your card and when some charges add up and post,  pay em off.

Message 2 of 3
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Re: What To Do About Open Sky Charge

Whew!!!! Thanks so very much.  I feel better.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.