Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a crock

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: What a crock

Unfortunately, no guarantee the scores will be the same. A lot of lenders use their own scoring system. Did you ask what model they used? And if it was the same, was it pulled near the same time yours was?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Really? So still to think that my mortgage or auto scores here were accurate is not true, please share that to those of us that paid monthly thinking we were getting accurate scores!

Also be aware that only the FICO 8 scores are continually updated - the other scores are only updated with a triple report pull every three months.

Message 12 of 14
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I only wanted to see what rate I may get as cap one pre is soft pull, the letter said I already had a pending approval!? Just said EQ auto score, I actually don't need a new car as have a 2 yr old Honda CR-V w 14000 miles I bought brand new in 2014 . So thank god for that. Just was curious my interest rate and all. None of my fico current versions match the 609 score cap one reported!! Thanks for listening and advice as always!
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
I only wanted to see what rate I may get as cap one pre is soft pull, the letter said I already had a pending approval!? Just said EQ auto score, I actually don't need a new car as have a 2 yr old Honda CR-V w 14000 miles I bought brand new in 2014 . So thank god for that. Just was curious my interest rate and all. None of my fico current versions match the 609 score cap one reported!! Thanks for listening and advice as always!

Hi Sbrooks.

Credit scores need to be looked at with a grain of salt.  It is an indication of where our credit health is at a given moment in time, but it changes.  Not all lenders faithfully used FICO 8 or FICO 5 or whatever.  Each creditor uses a model, but has their own variations.  Rebuilding is a stressful process cause we want everything to be right again, like yesterday, but it don't happen that way.  For the sake of my sanity, sometimes I stay away from Myfico sometimes a week at a time because reading others success can result in my making poor choices when it comes to applying for products I know I don't qualify for.  Give yourself a break.  You've done a good job rebuilding so far.  Keep up the good work and know in time that all bad things will be off your report and your score will rise exponentially. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.