Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a crock

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

What a crock

Guys I have followed and believed in this forum, but proof is a lender pull was way off from current scores on My Fico,I am furious and would like my two yrs if 29.95a month back
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What a crock

Can't compare apples and oranges ...what scoring model was he using ? They many types of fico scores if you look at the stickies up top they will explain them
Message 2 of 14
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Really? So still to think that my mortgage or auto scores here were accurate is not true, please share that to those of us that paid monthly thinking we were getting accurate scores!
Message 3 of 14
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Btw said auto score ! Please read my post before responding
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Guys I have followed and believed in this forum, but proof is a lender pull was way off from current scores on My Fico,I am furious and would like my two yrs if 29.95a month back

First, you never mentioned auto scores.  Second, you do need to know exactly what CRA was pulled and what version of score is being used.  There are several different auto scores, and they may not even be using FICO scoring.  I'm sorry that you didn't get the auto loan you were looking for, but looking for the reason for your low score is much more productive than being upset with a message board which has no control over your score at all.

Message 5 of 14
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Good lord man, read what you are buying!

I jus tdid a quick 30 second check and I did find, clearly worded,

Financing a new car? You’ll likely want to know your FICO® Auto Scores, the industry specific scores used in the majority of auto financing-related credit evaluations.

Applying for a credit card? You’ll likely want to know your FICO® Bankcard Scores or FICO® Score 8, the score versions used by many credit card issuers.

Purchasing a home or refinancing an existing mortgage? You’ll want to know the base FICO® Score versions previous to FICO® Score 8, as these are the scores used in the majority of mortgage-related credit evaluations.

That word "Majority" covers them from exactly what you are describing.  Gotta read what you are buying closer next time!  Sorry.

*edit*

Just to be more clear, the only way your auto score on myfico and anywhere else will match, is if they are pulled and the credit reports match exactly and they are both using the same scoring model version.  Using FICO doesnt mean its the FICO you read, theres many FICO versions.  (6, 8, 9 and whatnot, its the same with auto scores, vantage and just about any)

and again, they said Majority.  Its like how commercials are these days, they promise the world but if you listen to the wording, they are actually saying you could have the world, not we promise it.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, it is very difficult to determine what scoring model they will use when app'ing for a car loan.  It's like tossing a coin.  You never know.  I'm sorry for what happened.  Did you ask them what they pulled?  They normaly send it out to a few different companies if they think they can't get it through theirs.  I wouldn't give up.  

Message 7 of 14
dave36021
Regular Contributor

You will never be guaranteed that the scores will match a Lender compared to what is on myFico there are just to many models that any lender can use or they can use there OWN scoreing method that you will never be able to know what the score wil be. When I was shopping fpr a Auto loan last year my scores were all over the place from the different lenders with a difference in range of almost 150 points.

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in April I applied and was denied for an auto loan through capital one. The letter that they sent me in the mail said that my score was a 626. I logged into CCT that same day and my EX FICO 8 was a 626 as well. I'm not certain but I believe that capital one uses fico 8 because of this.

From reading posts on here I believe that myfico won't update your score unless there's activity on your credit file or its time for your quarterly pull.
Message 9 of 14
pakprotector
New Contributor

Or you buy the latest report - that will also update your score. 

BLH

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.