naoplean dance.gif

Happy Dance!!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 11 of 15
nma851
Regular Contributor

Re: What a year of gardening has done for me

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!  I think the "congrats" on here makes me happier than anything.  Kinda gives me a "I did my FICO friends proud" type thing Smiley Happy

Now that my seedlings have been planted, and the hits taken for the 3 newbies, ANYTHING else would be more harmful than good.  In all honesty, had I bothered to READ about how Barclay's reacts to this, I would've made sure they were the LAST app not the first.  Then again, the "fee-me-to-death-for-reporting" card is closed which basically is a "wash" CL wise.  Seeing what others have posted as well, I do believe this to be a bit of overstating/worry.  i see it this way:  if Barclay DOES some AA in the next few months, all I would have to tell them was with THEIR Account & CL, I was able to close 2 sub-primes to offset the addtional credit that was extended by them.  As for Amazon Rewards, I did that for the 0% for 12 months.  If that doesn't show responsibility to Barclay, then do what you gotta do!  If anything, I've bettered my positions and bettered myself as a whole - and that is the ultimate goal for all of us.  Due to their points/rewards, I'll be using it for the electric/gas bills to rack up points then PIF every statement.  If anyone will have a balance reporting and PIF'ing every month it's going to be them & my util, right now including the 12-month 0% purchase is 8%.  . 

Cap One's QuickSilver Rewards is a backup - so while Barclay may see 3 new accounts (theirs included), they're ALSO going to see the 2 sub-primes gone as well.  Either way there's a REASONABLE explanation & if they AA me, there's my approach to fix it.  If it doesn't work, such is life.  There's nothing to do about it now - the INQ's are there & they're all reporting (apparently they all showed up yesterday as I had alerts dang near all day!!).  Will use Cap One now and then just to make FICO (and Cap One) happy but other than the above plan, I can't go wrong with paying things this way & PIF'ing Barclay each month as well.  They'll see large balances PIF'd each month and me using theirs - should be a win/win.  

TIME is your best friend and he and I are REALLY tight friends LOLOL.  Like I said, these new seedlings need to grow - and now I have accounts that WILL grow with me.  All I have to do now is wait for my welcome back to the 800's club!!!!!!

Nonetheless, VERY grateful to all of you again - and nothing but the BEST for all of ya!  Have a great weekend Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Take care & feel free to chat up some more if you have any further suggestions, comments, or questions.  

BCE: 22.5K; BC-REW: 15K; QSSIG: 15K; CITI: 6K; FREE: 15.5K; DISC-IT: 17K; FCU: 20K; FCU-HELOC: 7.3/45K; AMZ-MC: 6.5K; KAY: 7.4K, LOWES VISA: 22K. FICOS: EX: 829; TU: 812, EQ: 822- 21 OCT 15. (NEVER TO FORGET PRE-MF: 635, 629, & 630 in Oct 2012)
Message 12 of 15
notfancy
Valued Contributor

What a wonderful year for you! Congratulations!!!

PS- Shogun, I don't know how to say this but that dancing guy is like a train wreck lol. I laughed when I saw it, but I was also slightly horrified haha.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 13 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats!! What an accomplishment!!

Message 14 of 15
ProV
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your success!  It's great to hear your story, thank you for sharing!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.