cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What accordong to the FCRA constitutes a true 30 day late mark on your credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What accordong to the FCRA constitutes a true 30 day late mark on your credit?

I am trying to find out what makes a real late payment valid on your credit. Suntrust bank of Florida is reporting I am late 30 days on two payments. One for February 2009 and one for April 2009. My due dates are the 25th of each month. They say that the February payment posted to my account on March 21st, an the April posted on May 23rd, which according to my calculations is NOT in fact 30 days behind the due date. I have disputed it several times with no luck. Equifax told me to fax my payment account history and they would correct it while transunion told me 30 day late marks mean its up to 30 days late and being 1 day late can constitute a 30 day on my credit. WTF?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What accordong to the FCRA constitutes a true 30 day late mark on your credit?

30 days after the "due date"

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What accordong to the FCRA constitutes a true 30 day late mark on your credit?

wel they are reporting it even though one or two of them were only 21 or 23 days past due Smiley Sad I have disputed it directly with them and the credit bureaus, with ZERO resoulution
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try sending a GW letter to the CCC.  Send a copy of your statements showing the "due date" and payments made with the "posting date" and then a copy of the page on your CR showing they reported 30 days late.

However, you might want to check this and do math.  If you have a $25 payment due on the 15th, but pay it 21 days later, you have also incurred a "late fee" and additional accrued interest.  All payments are first applied to fees and interest...so if you did not cover it all, they may not have considered the payment a full payment and reported it late because it was considered a "partial payment' and partial payments are still late payments.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

well that considered, I called them to make the payment when it was late and asked for a total payment including any fees for lateness etc and the convenience fee for paying on the phone. They gave me a total, and that is what I paid. I just dont see how they can get away with this.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.