cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What address should I use to send PFD to Enhance Recovery Company?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What address should I use to send PFD to Enhance Recovery Company?

Hi all, 

I've just checked my credit report and found that there is an outstanding collection there that is really hurting my otherwise perfect credit. It is a $200 from T-mobile. More than two years ago I ended a contract early, I had thought that there would be a cancellation fee, but nobody ever contacted me about it; in fact I am still using the same tmobile account, just switched to pre-paid plan, and the $200 cancellation fee didn't even show up any where on my cell phone bill. 

And since I have got no notice at all from ERC as well, I don't even know how to pay this fee. I've did some searching and found people advising to try sending a PFD first, so as to have the collection removed from my credit. How exactly should I do it? I mean, should I just send a letter to their head quarter's address, which is the only address I found on their website? Or are there better ways to contact them?

I'm really unfamiliar with these credit things so please pardon me if this is a stupid question!

And thanks in advance to any help!

Mike

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: What address should I use to send PFD to Enhance Recovery Company?

Check your PMs.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

And a DV always comes before a PFD. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 7
dursty87
Established Contributor

I would DV before offering PFD. If your still inside the SOL be prepared to pay in full but it sounds like you already plan on doing it either way. Good luck
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same position as you mfxuss, I just sent out my PFD letters to Enchance and I'm hoping to hear from them soon.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get anywhere with the pfd? I have a similar situation. I’m currently dealing with a $66 collection from Enhanced Recovery for Tmobile. I moved from Texas to Indiana in oddly to a town that does not get service through Tmobile. This was verified by Tmobile and they closed out my account due to no service back in late 2013. I was told that all charges would be clear since they could see that no usage and lack of service led to the account sitting. Should I send a DV or PFD? Also, could someone send me the address? Or should I use the PO box they have listed on my credit report?

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Sending a DV is not always best prior to offering a PFD, and in some cases, could be detrimental.

If your DV is timely, it imposes a cease collection bar on the debt collector.  That presents them from continuing any collection on the debt, including negotitations on terms.

There is no requirement to provide debt validation within any period of time, so unless and until they choose to provide validation, you are in a state of colledtion limbo.

If your DV is untimely, meaning more than 30 days has expired since they sent their dunning notice, the DV imposes no requirment on the debt collector, and they can choose to ignore it.

If the debt is valid and CR deletion is the primary goal, then sending a PFD without pursuing a DV may be the better route.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.