Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I doing wrong? I need help.

tag
ndkblondie
Contributor

What am I doing wrong? I need help.

I have an account with LVNV that is making me crazy.  It is reporting a dofd that is over a year later than it should be, effectively re-aging this account.  

Here is what I have done so far.

-I disputed with all three cra's.  LVNV verified the info.

-I filed a bbb complaint, LVNV responded with the typical letter and in their letter provided their dates for dofd and original charge off as the same date, oops, Gotcha!

-I disputed again with the cra's asking for reinvestigation, including documentation from the letter from LVNV that they are using the same date for dofd and original charge off date.  All came back verified.

-Filed a rebuttal to bbb saying this is impossible, the dates can't be the same.  LVNV responded saying, not our fault we received that info from the collector we bought the account from. We don't have the paperwork on this account, need another 30-45 days to get the paperwork from the OC and will send it to you then, if available, so hang out and wait while we mess around with your life some more. They already had 30 days several times from the cra disputes, how much time do these jokers get?  This can't be legal?

-I complained against Experian with CFPB for poor investigation, came back with no change.

-Complained CFPB against LVNV and Resurgent... waiting and waiting

-Filed Direct Dispute with LVNV via email to Resurgent, Sherman (just for good measure) and LVNV, the LVNV email bounced back as no good.

What am I missing?  What should I do?  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: What am I doing wrong? I need help.

Resend the DD via CMRRR.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 5
ndkblondie
Contributor

Ok, I will do that today and send them a copy of the sent email with that date on it.  What else can or should I be doing or have I missed?

What about the fact that they keep verifying and re-aging when they have no documents to back it up?  What can I do to get the cra's to see the problem?

Message 3 of 5
madmann26
Valued Contributor

The CRA's verification process is about as good as a blind man walking across the street in rush hour traffic.

When you send the DD, make sure you are challenging the DoFD. They have to have the same DoFD as the OC or it's considered reaging which is a big no no. If they come back with "it's correct", you can always file a claim with the CFPB or BBB (I prefer to go to the BBB first) and get them to assist.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 5
ndkblondie
Contributor

I did already complain to the BBB about the dofd, that's when LVNV said they need another 30-45 days because they don't have any documentation and they got those dates from the previous collector they purchased from.  They have already had 30 days with each dispute, totals up to quite a lot of time and now they are taking more, it was my understanding that if they didn't have the documents they had to delete.  Such bs.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.