cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I doing wrong?

tag
myarrr

Re: What am I doing wrong?

I received a letter from Midland stating that due to the Fair Credit Reporting Act that they cannot delete their credit reporting. Is that true?

Message 11 of 12
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

Re: What am I doing wrong?

@myarrr wrote:

I received a letter from Midland stating that due to the Fair Credit Reporting Act that they cannot delete their credit reporting. Is that true?

FCRA has nothing to do with deleting accounts from your CR with regard to payment. FCRA does control how long they are allowed to report and some of the information they are obligated to provide to you. But PFD is governed exclusively by the agreement between the CA and the CRAs. The CA has the authority and discretion to report accounts under their control at their will, so if they wanted to they could delete but it is entirely their choice (although their agreement with the credit bureaus does discourage this practice).

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.