Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the PRO's and CONS of faxing and Fed Ex'ing PFD's to creditors

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

What are the PRO's and CONS of faxing and Fed Ex'ing PFD's to creditors

Hi Everyone-

Can someone tell me what are the pros and cons of faxing and sending the PFD's through FedEx overnight?   I have sent several PFD letters via USPS but they take sometimes a week or two to get there.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: What are the PRO's and CONS of faxing and Fed Ex'ing PFD's to creditors

My 2 cents...

GW and PFD is like fishing.  If USPS doesn't work, then UPS away, If that doesn't work then Fedex, Fax, Email... Write them in pencil, pen, sharpie, crayon, folded, crinkled, perfumed... whatever splashes a new and fresh bait.

If you want it there and back fast... Email or Fax sounds the best.

Message 2 of 6
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Most of the ca's I've dealt with preferred fax. I think because they wanted their money asap. If you do it thru the mail they might get worried you would get cold feet.

Message 3 of 6
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Thank you both so much.  I guess I will be faxing away in the morning lol.  

Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In my opinion, the recipient is more important than the method of sending.

PFD offers, once initially declined, that are sent to the same address/recipient are apt to meet with the same fate.

Many furnishers have, due to clear CRA policy that they are not to delete based on payment of the debt, standard policies in place directing underlings not to grant PFD offers.

Managment makes those policies, and only management normally has authority to grant exceptions.

Thus, finding hte name of a contact with whom others have had sucess will normally be the best approach.

Perhaps posting of the name of the party with whom PFD is being sought will get a response from someone on the forum..........

Message 5 of 6
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

^^ true, imo who you contact is most important.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.