cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your plans when you reach your goal?

tag
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: What are your plans when you reach your goal?

Well quite frankly to buy a hoome in the next two years,  have an emergency fund started adn finally open my business within the next 6 months.  Without credit you cant do anything all my dreams and ideas have been on hold..... and if youv'e never read any of my posts..LOL .Have one big FAT MARTINI Extra olives plzSmiley LOL

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 11 of 18
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

When I reach my current goal, I'll set a new goal..

I don't really have any financial goals in mind, just get credit up decent enough where I can actually find a job again when I finish school. Previously I worked in retail and it seems like it's impossible to get hired into retail with bad credit. Just as well since I don't plan on working retail again, just really want to get past the point where a credit check loses me the job before I even get to the interview. I have two more years left of school, so, probably plenty of time.

May celebrate with a dinner out somewhere. We've only been out to eat once in the last year, didn't even go out for our anniversary the year before.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 12 of 18
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

I'm planning to apply for a mortgage in June or July of this year and build a new house to move in by Halloween. After that, I'd like to get a couple of better CCs and ditch my Cap1s, then garden, both literally and figuratively. After that, it's just being smart and working toward paying off my new house pronto.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 13 of 18
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

My plans? To finally exhale and relax. lol

Seriously, after being out of work and uninsured for over 3 years, it's been an uphill climb constantly. I just want to stop, relax, and enjoy the feeling of not being in debt anymore.

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 18
honky
Regular Contributor

I just do not want to feel limited by poor credit!  I could go get a new truck now, but I plan on waiting until June when the last collection falls off and see what kind of rate I can qualify for.

I may buy my dads house just to flip it in 3 years and help him out...undecided on this one.  I could have it paid off by then, but I do not want to be sitting on a vacant house when we buy our "forever home."

Long term goal is to buy our "real house" in 3 years.

I really want to get an AMEX and another card with a sky-high limit...just to say I have it!  Im self-employed and feel like I shouldnt have these issues at this point in my life.  I really hate having to transfer $10,000 into a seperate account so I can debit it.  Soo much safer and more convenient if I had a credit card with more than a $500 limit on it!

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 15 of 18
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

I am not in God awful bad shape, considering I was in the upper 400's to lower 500's 2 1/2 years ago. Currently in the mid sixes with a BK due to come off in January and Cap One charge off in February.  As soon as TU receives notice from FFCC that score should be pushing upper sixes.  Would love to buy a home in spring of 2013 but a good credit score and small credit limits don't show much strength to the lenders.

Message 16 of 18
NikJ4
Established Contributor

@SuzyStellar wrote:

I am not happy about my credit situation right now, but as I work on it I gain a little pride everytime something good happens with it.  I keep dreaming of sitting in our home with nice floors & walls and I get so excited.  Then I start thinking I need a new car, and furniture, and the kids need things, and I want a sunroom....ekkkk  At that point I pull myself back, and say someday...little by little and think about how nice it feels to not have to worry about a car payment or credit cards being maxed out and robbing peter to pay paul.  Life is good, and if my husband and I can keep our heads on straight we will be good, have food to eat, a roof over our heads, and 0 debt.  That's a good way to live. <3

+1
Message 17 of 18
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Joe its a joke all the financial people say dont appyly for credit unless you need it  then they turn and say but remember dont use more then 9% what a F#$$in scam if I need it then I need to use it ahhhhh

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.