cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What boost to expect from 7 derogatories to 2?

tag
portcontrol7

What boost to expect from 7 derogatories to 2?

Hi folks,

So I got a PFD agreement for 5 of the 7 derogatory accounts listed on my credit reports. Has anyone had any experience similar to this? If so I am wondering what kind of credit boost I might expect. I saved up for 6 months to pay off these marks, and I am hoping I made a smart move because I am hoping to improve the 672 score I have now for one that will allow me to get a decent APR on a vehicle so I don't have to ride the bus any longer.

Thanks for any info.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: What boost to expect from 7 derogatories to 2?

@portcontrol7 wrote:

Hi folks,

So I got a PFD agreement for 5 of the 7 derogatory accounts listed on my credit reports. Has anyone had any experience similar to this? If so I am wondering what kind of credit boost I might expect. I saved up for 6 months to pay off these marks, and I am hoping I made a smart move because I am hoping to improve the 672 score I have now for one that will allow me to get a decent APR on a vehicle so I don't have to ride the bus any longer.

Thanks for any info.

What are the 2 derogs still left?  And how long ago did they occur?

Message 2 of 15
portcontrol7

A $155 medical collections from 2010 and they will not agree to delete, and a $300 traffic ticket from 2010 that I had to pay even though no deletion was agreed to.

Message 3 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Those will hurt til they come off though they do lose some power with age.

Have you tried contcting the OC for the medical collection?

How old were the ones being removed?  The newer they are the bigger impact on your score.

Message 4 of 15
portcontrol7

The 5 degoratories removed were from 2007-2010, and I paid about $2500 to remove em. I'm just hoping it will make a significant increase in my credit.

Message 5 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is really hard to say how much of an increase.

Maybe 10 - 20 per removal.  YMMV.

Message 6 of 15
portcontrol7

Wow so if it's 10 per removal that would put me at 722. Not bad. Awesome I hope thats enough to qualify for a decent APR.

Message 7 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

The removal of 5 collections is major. Regardless of the score, it will make your CR much cleaner. Congrats!
Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 15
portcontrol7

Thanks folks, thats awesome news. I'll wait a month or so and refresh my myfico score and post what happened. 

Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
denver133
Frequent Contributor

I would pay those other two that you have outstanding and then start sending GW letters.  Then you at least know you don't owe anymore.   

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.