cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can of increaseof FICO can I expect?

tag
Ljm
Established Member

What can of increaseof FICO can I expect?

I recently paid our CC's down from 78% utilization to 1%.  Score is currently at 605.  Is it reasonable to hope that it will reach 640 by lowering our utilization?  We also had a lost CC account that was closed, but still reporting a $156 balance.  Contacted the company and they are also removing this.  Any input is appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: What can of increaseof FICO can I expect?

@Ljm wrote:

I recently paid our CC's down from 78% utilization to 1%.  Score is currently at 605.  Is it reasonable to hope that it will reach 640 by lowering our utilization?  We also had a lost CC account that was closed, but still reporting a $156 balance.  Contacted the company and they are also removing this.  Any input is appreciated!

Depends what is else on your CR's. Charge-Offs? Collections? If neither, going from 78% down to 1% should give you a very nice bump!!

Message 2 of 6
Ljm
Established Member

The only thing else on the report is one collection from 2011.  Going to try and PFD after we close on our house.  I don't want to stir it up until that is done.

Message 3 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Ljm wrote:

The only thing else on the report is one collection from 2011.  Going to try and PFD after we close on our house.  I don't want to stir it up until that is done.

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

Are you in the process right now, of buying a home?

Most mortgage lenders will ask to have the CA paid, before starting the loan process.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 6
finishthesnowball

Yes, we are. But from what I have researched on here, will they not let you pay that at closing?
Message 5 of 6
finishthesnowball

Sorry, accidentally logged in on hubby's account .
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.