cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What could be wrong with my equifax report??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What could be wrong with my equifax report??

I'm completely new to this credit repair journey. I tried to access my reports from annualcreditreport.com and equifax will not let me access my report online. I didn't have a problem with transunion or experian, only equifax. They're saying I have to send a copy of my photo ID and fill out a request form and then they will mail my report after my identity is verified. Later this evening I signed into credit karma and had an alert that a judgement has been added to my equifax report. It's a state tax lien and it says it was filed 10/2014. This is in no way my debt. I've never had a tax lien of any sort. I attempted a dispute online, but yet again my identity could not be verified and the questions they ask to try and verify my identity are all about a mortgage and an auto loan opened in 2014. I have never had a mortgage and the auto loan doesn't apply to me either. Maybe I'm freaking out over nothing, but this has me very concerned and it's driving me crazy that I have to wait til morning to even begin to try and sort it out. If anyone has any idea of what type of issues could be keeping me from viewing my report please let me know. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Sorry for the long post, I just didn't want to leave out any details!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What could be wrong with my equifax report??

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm completely new to this credit repair journey. I tried to access my reports from annualcreditreport.com and equifax will not let me access my report online. I didn't have a problem with transunion or experian, only equifax. They're saying I have to send a copy of my photo ID and fill out a request form and then they will mail my report after my identity is verified.
Later this evening I signed into credit karma and had an alert that a judgement has been added to my equifax report. It's a state tax lien and it says it was filed 10/2014. This is in no way my debt. I've never had a tax lien of any sort. I attempted a dispute online, but yet again my identity could not be verified and the questions they ask to try and verify my identity are all about a mortgage and an auto loan opened in 2014.
I have never had a mortgage and the auto loan doesn't apply to me either. Maybe I'm freaking out over nothing, but this has me very concerned and it's driving me crazy that I have to wait til morning to even begin to try and sort it out. If anyone has any idea of what type of issues could be keeping me from viewing my report please let me know.
Any advice is greatly appreciated! Sorry for the long post, I just didn't want to leave out any details!

The security questions sometimes put info there that is intentionally false its all part of trying to verify you. I would send the info that EQ want and get your report thru the mail its the best way to obtain the report IMO, everything is shown and nothing is truncated like they do on some online reports. As far as why EQ is locking you out it could be any number of things, no way to tell you why you would have to contact them by phone and Im not sure they would talk to you until you send in the verification that it is you. Hopefully this will be the end of it. Good luck & Welcome to My Fico  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What could be wrong with my equifax report??

The quickest way around this is to try to sign up for Equifax membership services. Of course it will cost money, but I believe you can cancel at any time. I went through the same thing that you did, when trying to view my report the security questions did not pertain to me and it instructed me to fax a copy of my drivers license to their fax number. I faxed a copy of my drivers license and got no response, so a few days later I attemped to join their membership services and called member services and they had everything resolved within a matter of minutes, then I was able to access my Equifax report. Of course I had to give them a debit card and sign up for a monthly subscription with a fee, but it got me in. Their attitude seems to change when you become a potential customer for them

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.