Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit service do you use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What credit service do you use?

I personally think MyFico is a bit overpriced even though it is sort of worth the money, but are there others out there that give you alerts immediately and are not as expensive as MyFico but just as good??

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What credit service do you use?

I use credit karma. It's free and they send me an email every time something changes on my credit report. It doesn't give you a FICO score though. Just Vantage score.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I use credit karma. It's free and they send me an email every time something changes on my credit report. It doesn't give you a FICO score though. Just Vantage score.

Not a big fan of them, i like that its free but I dont like that the scores arent accurate

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Creditchecktotal. 7 day trial for $1 and if you cancel prior to the end of the trial you can get it half price for anywhere from 1 year to 5 years. Daily EX pulls and TU and EQ every 30 days. Fico 08 scores
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use CCT, the 7 day trial for $1. I just keep cancelling and signing up for the 7 day trial like every two weeks lol. So far, it's worked. So it's like 2 bucks a month. 

Message 5 of 8
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

@karladicent wrote:

I personally think MyFico is a bit overpriced even though it is sort of worth the money, but are there others out there that give you alerts immediately and are not as expensive as MyFico but just as good??

Depends on what your needs are I suppose. For myself, I am in the process of eradicating all baddies from my CR's (15 Items total so far since April with 2 leins to go). So I use myfico for real time scores, cct for daily EX  report pulls and EQ for daily EQ report pulls.  Yes, it is costing me money but I feel it has helped me clean up my reports in a short amount of time. Plus it's better than paying a credit repair agency.

Once I am done, I will probably stay with just myfico as I will only need to monitor scores on a more frequest basis. 

Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 6 of 8
Datx
Valued Contributor

I also use CreditCheckTotal. $1 trial period, after that its like $30 monthly.  But call in after your free trial to cancel, and they will most likely offer you the service for half off each month. I'm paying about $15 a month, and it does monitor all 3 CRs daily. You can refresh your EX CR with score daily. And you can pull all 3 CRs with scores once every 30 days without additional costs. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of people knock Credit Karma.... but it sure helped me get all of the bad stuff off of my reports. First things first.... it's FREE. Secondly, If CK shows you owe, let's say $1300 to Joe Schmoe collection company, then you probably owe $1300 to Joe Schmoe collection company. If not, they even have a direct dispute button on their website, which really and truly works. If you DO owe the money.... they provide the address, phone number and everything else to Joe Schmoe so that you can fix it. 

Do you guys know I had NO CLUE what credit card utilization was and what it meant for your credit report? I seriously thought that if I had a $10,000.00 card and I charged $9,990.00 on it and made my minumum payment on time, I was totally fine. Credit Karma straightened me out on that thinking. After a year of sock drawering my cards, I'm now down to like 20% utilization and dropping still.

THIS is the kind of stuff that they should teach High School Seniors. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.