Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did i do and should i be worried

tag
fatherof2

What did i do and should i be worried

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Having a few Baddies on my CR i decided to try a PFD with one CA. ($120.00 medical).

Basically the letter stating that i do not acknowledge this debt and do not believe its valid, but because of the small amount i would be willing to PIF for a PFD.

Sent out the letter CMRRR which was signed for on 5/14.

On 5/30 i received an alert from EQ that a new collection was added to my Experian report so i checked and sure enough the CA had reported this as a dispute.

Today i again checked my Experian report and i see that Experian is reporting this as a Key Derog for not only the month of May but April as well.

Checking the other 2 CRA i found that they also have an update as this account being in dispute but no Derog listing.

Still no contact from the CA.

Has anyone experianced this before? Should i contact Experian? and if so by phone, mail or online?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What did i do and should i be worried

@fatherof2 wrote:

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Having a few Baddies on my CR i decided to try a PFD with one CA. ($120.00 medical).

Basically the letter stating that i do not acknowledge this debt and do not believe its valid, but because of the small amount i would be willing to PIF for a PFD.

Sent out the letter CMRRR which was signed for on 5/14.

On 5/30 i received an alert from EQ that a new collection was added to my Experian report so i checked and sure enough the CA had reported this as a dispute.

Today i again checked my Experian report and i see that Experian is reporting this as a Key Derog for not only the month of May but April as well.

Checking the other 2 CRA i found that they also have an update as this account being in dispute but no Derog listing.

Still no contact from the CA.

Has anyone experianced this before? Should i contact Experian? and if so by phone, mail or online?

Thanks

This is a practice used by the CAs, nothing illegal about it, a KD or CO notiation every month keeps ones score from recovering as the collection always looks new to Fico. Now that they have decided to give you the shaft I strongly urge you to Google the HIPAA Process and follow it to take care of that med collection, we cannot discuss it on this board but you can contact its creator for help. Good luck and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
fatherof2

Thank for your help, i will take your advice and hope for the best.

Message 3 of 4
2NE1
Established Contributor

@fatherof2 wrote:

Thank for your help, i will take your advice and hope for the best.

Hello, I sent you a PM. Hope it helps! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.