cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do?? Credit One says I have a previous charged-off account and I have never had one!!

tag
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

What do I do?? Credit One says I have a previous charged-off account and I have never had one!!

I tried the pre-qualifications form on their site, and they say I have a previous charged-off account with them.  I have NEVER had a card with them!!

How do I verify this??  I am NOT paying a dime because the only cards I've ever had that defaulted 3 - 4 years ago were Capital One cards!

Thanks

Starting all over again!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do I do?? Credit One says I have a previous charged-off account and I have never had one!!

@kennerchick wrote:

I tried the pre-qualifications form on their site, and they say I have a previous charged-off account with them.  I have NEVER had a card with them!!

How do I verify this??  I am NOT paying a dime because the only cards I've ever had that defaulted 3 - 4 years ago were Capital One cards!

Thanks

Avoid Credit One like the plague. If you are not getting bills from them or a collector and nothing is on your reports, don't worry about it.

I would suggest trying to get back in with Cap One. Are the old charge offs settled?

Message 2 of 17
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

Re: What do I do?? Credit One says I have a previous charged-off account and I have never had one!!

Thanks. I will.

No they aren't. I don't have the amount to pay. Been 3 years since last payment.
Starting all over again!
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kennerchick wrote:
Thanks. I will.

No they aren't. I don't have the amount to pay. Been 3 years since last payment.

As long as the CO is not within the last year, you ARE eligible for a new account. Go apply. You may only qualify for secured, but thats still better than anything from Predator One.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Complain complain complain to them on the phone, if they refuse to delete tell them you're going to dispute. If they don't remove dispute, i'm sure they will remove. they did for me, easiest dispute ever.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, same thing happened to my husband. He is very happy though. Lol!! He had never had an account with them either.
Message 6 of 17
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As long as the CO is not within the last year, you ARE eligible for a new account. Go apply. You may only qualify for secured, but thats still better than anything from Predator One.

REALLY! I thought because I owed them money I had to wait for it to drop off my credit report and to get rid of the debt collector Portfolio Recovery. I see on Credit Karma it is saying I can probably qualify for CO Quicksilver, is that a good one?? My CS is 560 TU, 556 EX and not sure of Experian, it was 513, but that was 2 months ago.
Starting all over again!
Message 7 of 17
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Complain complain complain to them on the phone, if they refuse to delete tell them you're going to dispute. If they don't remove dispute, i'm sure they will remove. they did for me, easiest dispute ever.

If it was on my CR I would, but there's nothing there and I've never seen anything dealing the them on it. LOL

I'm not worried, I will dispute it if I ever see it though, believe me. 

Thanks

Starting all over again!
Message 8 of 17
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

That's odd, but I'm happy to hear it's not only me! LOL Smiley Happy
Starting all over again!
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kennerchick wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

REALLY! I thought because I owed them money I had to wait for it to drop off my credit report and to get rid of the debt collector Portfolio Recovery. I see on Credit Karma it is saying I can probably qualify for CO Quicksilver, is that a good one?? My CS is 560 TU, 556 EX and not sure of Experian, it was 513, but that was 2 months ago.

CK's recommendation for Cap One was dead on for my wife. Go apply for the QS1 card, you should get instant approval.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.