Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do I do now?

I paid everything off on my credit report.  I had a credit card that went into judgement.  I payed the full amount.  Now on my credit report it is still showing a balance of $47.  When I called the credit card company it has no knowledge of my account.  They state because I have no account they can't send me anything to verify it.  I asked how?  It has the same numbers as the judgement account.  Because as far as they know I dont exsist. 

I also had a verizon bill that was settled for far less then I owed.  Now my report is showing a balance higher that what I started off with. 

I did have a small AT&T bill for $115, I settled on that one for $80. Now my balance shows $57.  AT&T won't send me out a bill that confirms that I payed by debit card.  They state I have proof by my bank statement.  How am I to prove this to the credit bureaus?

What do I do now to fix the report?  I only have a western union money order for the judgement.  It still has not been reported as updated and its been a month.   I dont know how to take care of the rest because I dont have a reciept.  Can anyone give me some insight as to what to do?  Would it be possible for these companies to delete my adverse accounts because of lack of updating?  As it stand now,  it still looks like all of my accounts are in collection when in fact they have all been paid in full.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do I do now?

amyjo wrote:

I paid everything off on my credit report.  I had a credit card that went into judgement.  I payed the full amount.  Now on my credit report it is still showing a balance of $47.  When I called the credit card company it has no knowledge of my account.  They state because I have no account they can't send me anything to verify it.  I asked how?  It has the same numbers as the judgement account.  Because as far as they know I dont exsist. 

I also had a verizon bill that was settled for far less then I owed.  Now my report is showing a balance higher that what I started off with. 

I did have a small AT&T bill for $115, I settled on that one for $80. Now my balance shows $57.  AT&T won't send me out a bill that confirms that I payed by debit card.  They state I have proof by my bank statement.  How am I to prove this to the credit bureaus?

What do I do now to fix the report?  I only have a western union money order for the judgement.  It still has not been reported as updated and its been a month.   I dont know how to take care of the rest because I dont have a reciept.  Can anyone give me some insight as to what to do?  Would it be possible for these companies to delete my adverse accounts because of lack of updating?  As it stand now,  it still looks like all of my accounts are in collection when in fact they have all been paid in full.

Hi amyjo! Smiley Happy

1) How long ago did you pay the judgment?

2) What is the status of the Verizon bill? Did you have a written settlement agreement? Does it say something like "Settled for Less Than Balance Owed"? Are you saying that the remaining balance is incorrect? If so, do a search in this forum for "OC Letter". Tailor it to fit your situation, then send it to Verizon's HQ to request a full account history. Send the letter certified mail (return receipt not necessary).

3) Did you have a written agreement to settle the balance on the AT&T account? What's the reported status? Is it "Settled for Less Than Balance Owed"? You can send an OC letter for this one too, certified mail.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.