Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do,,please help

tag
Cynthia1123
Contributor

What do I do,,please help

Hi everyone,

Here it goes, I have an AT&T account which is in collections with an outside agency of ATT, they don't report to CRA's , they hold the acct for three months and then do forward to actual CA which will eventually report.

I called ATT and was going to re-establish my service with $220 which would avoid all collections and resume my service but it turns out that the amount went from $220 to $270 to reinstate and now the rep is saying that that will satisfy the amount owed but not get me out of collection. The only way that it would leave collection is after they run a credit check after to see if I have to pay a deposit and once that's paid that they will reinstate my service. 

What the hell?? I can't afford this right now this is why I agreed to contnue paying for a service monthly cause I dont have the $850 that I owe. 

I am thinking about just paying partial when I can until it goes to collection and if at that point theirs still a balnce than it'll be less money owed. My issue is that I want to buy a house and want to avoid that ding to my credit.

Can I buy a house with a collection even if it shows paid????

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Cynthia

My Fico Score :554 (07/26/13)
Goal:720

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do I do,,please help

@Cynthia1123 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Here it goes, I have an AT&T account which is in collections with an outside agency of ATT, they don't report to CRA's , they hold the acct for three months and then do forward to actual CA which will eventually report.

I called ATT and was going to re-establish my service with $220 which would avoid all collections and resume my service but it turns out that the amount went from $220 to $270 to reinstate and now the rep is saying that that will satisfy the amount owed but not get me out of collection. The only way that it would leave collection is after they run a credit check after to see if I have to pay a deposit and once that's paid that they will reinstate my service. 

What the hell?? I can't afford this right now this is why I agreed to contnue paying for a service monthly cause I dont have the $850 that I owe. 

I am thinking about just paying partial when I can until it goes to collection and if at that point theirs still a balnce than it'll be less money owed. My issue is that I want to buy a house and want to avoid that ding to my credit.  As long as you are making payments that are more than what a monthly payment would be, its doubful they will send it to the "actual CA" that reports. Even if it does go to them in a few months, you'll still have the opportunity top pay before they report it.

Can I buy a house with a collection even if it shows paid???? Yes, you can. Do you know your current FICO score?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Cynthia

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.