cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do with these first ever credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do I do with these first ever credit cards?

So I got 2 new secured cards about 3 weeks ago and I have used them for a few things. here are the details:

Creditor             Limit    Balance    Reporting Date  Deposit       First Due Date

Wells Fargo:      $300     $55.00         11/10/12             $300             Dec 4,2012

Capital One:      $200     $29.00         11/12/12             $  99             Dec 12,2012

So ok thats the details what should I pay tomorrow on both? I want to see how high my score will go! I am using credit Karma. Should I pay $28 to wels fargo leaving $27 owed? (9% utizilation?) or less or should i pay off capital one tommorw? What would be the best thing to do? My score now is zero. 19 years old on my transunion report i have 3 inquirys Discover, Wells Fargo, Wells Fargo I applied 2 times one for unsecured and then secured. Then Experian I have 2, Capital One then credit union equifax I dont have a report generated yet... 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: What do I do with these first ever credit cards?

Pay the cards on time and don't use more than 30% of your credit line.  That's all you need to do.  You should have a credit score within 6 months from the date you opened the cards.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What do I do with these first ever credit cards?

Personally I'd PIF them both.  I do believe I understand what you're trying to do, so pay one off and leave $2 on the the other one to report.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.