nlww93

What do I do with these first ever credit cards?

So I got 2 new secured cards about 3 weeks ago and I have used them for a few things. here are the details:

Creditor             Limit    Balance    Reporting Date  Deposit       First Due Date

Wells Fargo:      $300     $55.00         11/10/12             $300             Dec 4,2012

Capital One:      $200     $29.00         11/12/12             $  99             Dec 12,2012

So ok thats the details what should I pay tomorrow on both? I want to see how high my score will go! I am using credit Karma. Should I pay $28 to wels fargo leaving $27 owed? (9% utizilation?) or less or should i pay off capital one tommorw? What would be the best thing to do? My score now is zero. 19 years old on my transunion report i have 3 inquirys Discover, Wells Fargo, Wells Fargo I applied 2 times one for unsecured and then secured. Then Experian I have 2, Capital One then credit union equifax I dont have a report generated yet... 

Established Contributor
namvet

Re: What do I do with these first ever credit cards?

Pay the cards on time and don't use more than 30% of your credit line.  That's all you need to do.  You should have a credit score within 6 months from the date you opened the cards.  Good luck!

Shogun

Re: What do I do with these first ever credit cards?

Personally I'd PIF them both.  I do believe I understand what you're trying to do, so pay one off and leave $2 on the the other one to report.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}