Established Member
CreditChallanged85

What do I do?

First I'd like to thank everyone on this forum, I have found a lot of information in such a short time and I feel more comfortable trying to manage my credit.

I have been watching my reports for about 6 months now and there is collection listed on all 3 of my reports for an old Time Warner Cable bill. Long story short I didn't pay my last bill when I moved but about 3 months later I realized I hadn't paid it so I called Time Warner and paid it directly to them. This was in 2007 and until a few months ago I had completely forgotten about it. Then as I was reading my reports I noticed I had a collection from 2007 for the exact amount of that bill that I had paid TWC for.

My question is what do I do? I paid TWC but I didn't realize they had already sold it to a CA. I don't want to pay it again but I also don't want it dragging my score down for another year (reports estimate it will fall of in 10/2012).

Any suggestions?

Contributor
MHCali

Re: What do I do?

It might be worth a try to call TWC and see if they'd be willing to pull back the acct from the CA since it has already been PIF.  If not, I believe that COs that are a year away from falling off, and for small amounts, don't affect your score much at all.  I've gotten one removed that was reported for about 6 years and had no score change.  

Welcome, you are in the right place for rebuilding.

Starting Score: May/2010:TR=566,EQ=604,EX=624
Current Score: TR= ?,EQ=680,EX= ?Closed 12/2012 w/769 score just in time before ex's CO hit me

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}