Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I need to do?

tag
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

What do I need to do?

I previously had a payment agreement with CACH for $300 a month and I allowed them to draft from my checking account (I know, I know!). Anyway, my March payment did not go through because I had an emergency $1500 car repair, which I explained to them. Afterwards, when they didn't receive payment for that month, they sent a letter saying payment in full was due ($2764). I sent a letter explaining what had happened and why I couldn't make my March payment. I then offered to pay $500 month due on the 30th of each month sent in certified funds. I also requested a PFD and asked that all communication be done in writi g. I asked that they co tact me within 30 days, in writing, if they agree to the arrangement and expressed twice how I really wanted to pay the debt in full.

Today, they call me by phone and leave a message to call and the number to call at. Should I call them back or send another letter requesting that communication be done in writing? Please help!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What do I need to do?

IMO, never call a CA, but in cases like this I would call. 

Message 2 of 3
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

Re: What do I need to do?

I called and they just wanted to know if I want to pay the final balance of 283.00 by the end of May which I promptly told them no. My new payment arrangement is set but I did ask for written confirmation for my records.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.