Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think my chances are?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you think my chances are?

Just wanted to say thanks. Found this site on Thursday and cannot get away from it. You really do not find this information anywhere. Every credit book I have mentions nothing of this.

Well, after getting fired up about improving my credit, I wrote 2 GWL's.

1. Regency Finance Company - 2 small loans each approx 2500. Paid in full. There was a late 30 days on my report from one of the loans so I wrote a GWL to remove late payment.
Even got the Branch Manager's name at the office in Knoxville. What do you think my chances are? Should I write a 2nd letter in 15-30 days.

2. Ed South - Now, this one I am pretty confident about. They are my current student loan lender with a balance of 30000. I was late a couple of payments back in Oct 2005, but since then I have an exceptional payment history with them. What do you think my chances are?

Regards,

Sean

6/14/08: EX: 624, TU: 619, EQ: 611
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do you think my chances are?

spwvol wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks. Found this site on Thursday and cannot get away from it. You really do not find this information anywhere. Every credit book I have mentions nothing of this.

Well, after getting fired up about improving my credit, I wrote 2 GWL's.

1. Regency Finance Company - 2 small loans each approx 2500. Paid in full. There was a late 30 days on my report from one of the loans so I wrote a GWL to remove late payment.
Even got the Branch Manager's name at the office in Knoxville. What do you think my chances are? Should I write a 2nd letter in 15-30 days.

2. Ed South - Now, this one I am pretty confident about. They are my current student loan lender with a balance of 30000. I was late a couple of payments back in Oct 2005, but since then I have an exceptional payment history with them. What do you think my chances are?

Regards,

Sean

6/14/08: EX: 624, TU: 619, EQ: 611

I think your chances are 50/50.

I would not sent another letter in 15 days. I would wait at a very minimum of 30 days.

The older lates are, the less they hurt. After two years, single 30 day lates have almost nil effect on score.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.