Contributor

What does RJM stand for?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

Re: What does RJM stand for?

Hi,

RJM is a collection agency out of NY. RJM Acquisition, LLC is their official name. I suspect the letters represent the principals' names, but RJM is the actual legal name...not shortened from anything else. Hope this answers your question.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
masseye
Contributor

thanks a bunch!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

just my .02 I recently did two PFD with RJM they deleted 3 weeks after payment received.. and they were really easy to deal with, completely the opposite I read on pissedconsimer.com and ripoffreport.com
Message 4 of 8
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

Yeah, same here! They were easy to deal with, and deleted promptly. When I told them I was trying to refi my house, they even sent me a letter saying that I had paid in full (even though I settled) and that the collection would be deleted, in case the LO needed to see that before the CRA's got around to deleting.

I wish they were all that nice!

Message Edited by BIRDWRITER on 02-28-2010 09:11 PM
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) RJM claims they are not a collection agency (they are)

2) They are indeed very pfd friendly BUT more than half the time the debt does not even belong to the person they are trying to collect from.

3) Some state require out of state collection agencies to be licensed in their state to practice business. RJM does not care about this.

I live in washington state which requires out of state collection agencies to be licensed in wa in order to conduct business here. RJM is NOT licensed here and yet they continue to try and collect a debt from me which I do not owe and they can not validate. I have requested validation more than once and all they do is keep sending me settlement offers. I recently had to get my states AG after them for the second time.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the only collectors that actually managed to report to all 3 agencies that I had paid off my collections. Most of the rest screwed up reporting to atleast one cra and Ive since had to dispute.

I cant say I like any creditors but they were one of the better ones I remember from my big pay off mission.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

True - they've been after me for some time - not my debt - dispute it but they never validate.  It's a very small amount and my FICOs are all in the Excellent range now so I just ignore it. 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.