cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does consumer disputes after resolution mean?

tag
3elizabeth
New Contributor

What does consumer disputes after resolution mean?

How will this play out as I apply for a mortgage.  I received a SW alert that my score changed (and it did, it increased 27 points), but I'm not sure this is a plus.  I sent a GW letter to GECRB Care Credit for a 30-day late.  I didn't dispute, but I asked them for GW and pointed out that it was possible for them to change their records if they were so inclined.  I haven't checked my report to see if the late is still listed.  I would like to wait a few more days to see if my other balances kick in (I paid down from 87% utility to 24% utility.  

Any ideas on what I should do at this point?  I actually still have a balance due of about $480, but that has been eliminated from the report.  

Thanks in advance for all your help.

GECRB/CARE CREDIT
Account opened: 1/2011
Description: Consumer disputes after resolution
Charge
Amount in H/C column is credit limit
 Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$839 
Past due:$0$0
Last activity:4/1/20135/1/2013
Description:Charge
Consumer disputes after resolution
Charge
In the 600's, moving toward 700's and 10K in credit. My motto: At the end of my life I want to be able to say "I wish I hadn't," not "I wish I had."
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ArmChi
New Visitor

Re: What does consumer disputes after resolution mean?

I recieved the exact same MyFICO notice after doing the exact same thing (the GW letter). Mine was for Sallie Mae though. Did you ever find out what this was? My score hasn't changed yet, in fact it dropped 1 point a week ago which was odd. 

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you never filed a dispute under the FCRA, then something is wrong with your report.

They apparently treated your GW as a dispute, and reported it as such to the CRA.

The note of a consumer dispute after resolution is even more confusing.

Under the FCRA, a consumer has the right to place a statement in their file if they still disagree with the outcome of a dispute.

Message 3 of 4
ArmChi
New Visitor

No all I did was write a goodwill letter to Sallie Mae. I admitted fault and asked for removal of a couple of lates.

I saw other people said this can actually hurt their credit score. I plan to call Sallie Mae first thing in the AM.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.