Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Member

What does consumer disputes after resolution mean?

How will this play out as I apply for a mortgage.  I received a SW alert that my score changed (and it did, it increased 27 points), but I'm not sure this is a plus.  I sent a GW letter to GECRB Care Credit for a 30-day late.  I didn't dispute, but I asked them for GW and pointed out that it was possible for them to change their records if they were so inclined.  I haven't checked my report to see if the late is still listed.  I would like to wait a few more days to see if my other balances kick in (I paid down from 87% utility to 24% utility.  

Any ideas on what I should do at this point?  I actually still have a balance due of about $480, but that has been eliminated from the report.  

Thanks in advance for all your help.

GECRB/CARE CREDIT
Account opened: 1/2011
Description: Consumer disputes after resolution
Charge
Amount in H/C column is credit limit
 Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$839 
Past due:$0$0
Last activity:4/1/20135/1/2013
Description:Charge
Consumer disputes after resolution
Charge

Beginning Scores: TU-526, EQ-511
Current Scores: 6.13.13 TU-668, EQ-655, EX-667
Goal Scores: TU-760, EQ-760, EX 760
My motto: At the end of my life I want to be able to say "I wish I hadn't," not "I wish I had."
New Visitor

Re: What does consumer disputes after resolution mean?

I recieved the exact same MyFICO notice after doing the exact same thing (the GW letter). Mine was for Sallie Mae though. Did you ever find out what this was? My score hasn't changed yet, in fact it dropped 1 point a week ago which was odd. 

Community Leader
Epic Contributor

If you never filed a dispute under the FCRA, then something is wrong with your report.

They apparently treated your GW as a dispute, and reported it as such to the CRA.

The note of a consumer dispute after resolution is even more confusing.

Under the FCRA, a consumer has the right to place a statement in their file if they still disagree with the outcome of a dispute.

New Visitor

No all I did was write a goodwill letter to Sallie Mae. I admitted fault and asked for removal of a couple of lates.

I saw other people said this can actually hurt their credit score. I plan to call Sallie Mae first thing in the AM.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.