cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "placed a disagreement code" mean?

tag
annm
New Contributor

What does "placed a disagreement code" mean?

I got a response from a capital one card. It says after researching my account we have 

"placed a disagreement code with a resolution of dispute on your credit file to the major credit reporting agencies. We've also forwarded this information to the following credit reporting agencies so they can update your credit report. 

Experian, Equifax, TU, and Innovis (**bleep** IS THAT?) 

I don't understand what this message means. -_-  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Barris
Established Member

Re: What does "placed a disagreement code" mean?

Did you dispute any debt you might owe to them?

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What does "placed a disagreement code" mean?

When a dispute is resolved, it is important that the "pending dispute" code be promptly upated to show that the dispute has been resolved, thus making your enfire credit history available again to FICO scoring. 

The dispute resolution code is normally entered by the CRA if the dispute was filed through them, as they are the party that actually terminates the dispute by mailing of the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation.  The consumer thereafter has the right to place a notice in their file indicating that they disagree with the finding, and include a short statement of reasons why they disagree.

It confuses me as to why they would be placing such a disagreement code in your file.

In the next pull of your CR, check as to whether such a notice has been recorded in your file.  If you did not send such a notice, I dont see why one should be of record.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.