cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the "status as of" field refer to when viewing the accounts tab?

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

What does the "status as of" field refer to when viewing the accounts tab?

After paying to refresh my Score Watch Equifax credit report and reviewing Tab 5 (Accounts), I noticed that for multiple bad accounts, a recent "status as of" date is showing even though these accounts were paid and or settled in full several years ago.  

For example, I settled the Citibank/THD account below on January 24, 2011.  I received a letter dated March 01, 2011 confirming that the account was settled in full. However, this same account now has a "Status as of" date of April 2013 when I view a recently refreshed copy of my Equifax report.  

I applied for a CitiBank credit card last week and spoke with a representative today who suggested that his system views the account below as a recent charge off.  Should I be concered and too, how should I go about correcting this? Notably, it looks like several paid and/or settled bad accounts now have a "status as of" date within the last 6 months though these accounts were paid and/or settled 2+ years ago.  

Please help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What does the "status as of" field refer to when viewing the accounts tab?

It depends upon whether the status reported on that date is correct, not upon the fact that they reported.

Creditors can report to a consumer's credit file, even if no changes have occured.  That is frequently the case, as many will report in bulk on their accounts, and often dont remove closed and paid accounts from that bulk filing.  As long as the current status does not revert to one of delinquency, it is OK.

If the rep you spoke with is viewing it as a recent charge-off when the reporting was not of the date of t he prior CO or an undate of current status to one of an unpaid delinquency status, such as a CO, he/she is misreading the reporting.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.