Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean? NCO collection deleted after DV'ing

tag
bounceback
Established Member

What does this mean? NCO collection deleted after DV'ing

Based on the instructions on this forum, I DV'ed NCO for a collection they posted on my report. It's a valid debt but past SOL. I was ready to PFD once they validate, but today I refreshed my credit reports and it was gone.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I call them and pay them just to be on the safer side? (I understand it's the right thing to do...I'd just hate it to appear again in my reports)

Starting Score: EQ 509, TU 532, EX FAKO 521 [May 2009]
Current Score: EQ 636, TU 667, EX 682 [lender pull 01/10/2011]
Goal Score: 730 across all CRAs

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What does this mean? NCO collection deleted after DV'ing

@bounceback wrote:

Based on the instructions on this forum, I DV'ed NCO for a collection they posted on my report. It's a valid debt but past SOL. I was ready to PFD once they validate, but today I refreshed my credit reports and it was gone.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I call them and pay them just to be on the safer side? (I understand it's the right thing to do...I'd just hate it to appear again in my reports)

They may have sold the account to another CA which is why they are no longer reporting. Or they could not validate and have actually deleted it. I would wait awhile and see what happens.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Sometimes when you DV a CA they find it easier and less costly to just delete the account. Especially when it is past SOL. 

If it is not past the 7 years for reporting, you could find another CA post it to your CR.

Yes. I DV'd a CA on a new account.  They deleted and fortunately, it was never reposted to my CR.

Message 3 of 4
bounceback
Established Member

thanks much for the info!...I guess I'll wait and see what happens

Starting Score: EQ 509, TU 532, EX FAKO 521 [May 2009]
Current Score: EQ 636, TU 667, EX 682 [lender pull 01/10/2011]
Goal Score: 730 across all CRAs

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.