tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this mean?? Please explain if you can

I filed through the CFPB...

Company responded 
Kansas Counselors of Kansas City, Inc. said:
Explanation of closure

"Since KCI prides itself on taking extra steps to protect your rights as a consumer, we will mail out your validation on this debt one more time.

KCI has complied with your requested relief, even though we are no longer required by law to provide this information. We now consider this matter closed."

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What does this mean?? Please explain if you can

@Anonymous wrote:

I filed through the CFPB...

Company responded 
Kansas Counselors of Kansas City, Inc. said:
Explanation of closure

"Since KCI prides itself on taking extra steps to protect your rights as a consumer, we will mail out your validation on this debt one more time.

KCI has complied with your requested relief, even though we are no longer required by law to provide this information. We now consider this matter closed."

It means you will be  getting the validation of the debt that you requested and it will remain on your CR if its reporting.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I wondered because here was my requested relief. 

"Fair would be for them to provide proof of a debt that I owe them, I want to see a signed contract between Kansas counselors and myself, proof that they tried to reach me, and immediate removal of the inaccurate debt from my credit reports."

Does it also mean they deleted it since they agreed to my relief? 

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. I wondered because here was my requested relief. 

"Fair would be for them to provide proof of a debt that I owe them, I want to see a signed contract between Kansas counselors and myself, proof that they tried to reach me, and immediate removal of the inaccurate debt from my credit reports."

Does it also mean they deleted it since they agreed to my relief? 

Its possible based on the additional info you posted here that they will also be deleting the TL, you would need to check your reports to verify that, it could take up to 60 days after they put in the request for deletion.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I will post update. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.