Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this mean?

Yesterday, I started a thread introducing myself, gave you my scores on all three CB and informed you that I disputed two judgements with Equifax. I just received an email from equifax to log into my account for alerts and so did my indentity guard sent the same thing. The judgements are now filed as Satisfactory and Paid. Do you know if that will help increase my score? 

Thanks in advance

Madie

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dt3813
Regular Contributor

Re: What does this mean?

when my judgement went to satisfied/paid it did not up my score.  I was totally disappointed.

Discharged Ch.13 6/24/15
Scores on discharge EQ669 TU650 EX654
current scores EQ776 TU775 EX758
WF $2500 WF $3000 Discover $6000 Target $1200 Amazon $5000 Jcrew $5250 Lowes $8300 Tjmaxx $5000 Cap1 $14750 venture $25500 jetBlue $21000 pier1 $5000 Amex $10000x2 AMEX $21,000 BoA$8000 CitiDC$8000

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no, that sucks. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Paying of any debt, in general, does not negate the fact that whatever prior derog that has been reported occured.

Thus, it does not remove the continued scoring of the derog.

Payuing will, of course, look better upon a manual review, as it informs prospective creditors that you do, ultimately, honor your debt.

It also, when a judgment is in effect, removes the possibility of the judgment creditor seeking attachment of assets or garnishment of pay.

Once a court has ordered payment, they have the power of the court to then obtain specific satisfaction.

Message 4 of 7
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Nope doesn't affect your score Smiley Sad

But your morale points go up! Smiley Very Happy

And I guess it looks better on a manual review.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, good to know.

So, how do I increase my score? :/ sorry so new to this.

Thanks,

Madie

Message 6 of 7
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, good to know.

So, how do I increase my score? :/ sorry so new to this.

Thanks,

Madie

You work on removing any paid collections via Goodwill or other means & attempt to remove paid public records or wait for them to fall off. You also want at least 3 credit cards/accounts(I prefer 5-6, but you want at least 3 to start). After that the big factor is time imo. Get all the baddies off your reports(or at least paid), and get several positive accounts, and over time show that you can handle those accounts successfully.

Edit: The top secret way to increase your score which I forgot to mention, is to learn what you did wrong, and don't repeat those mistakes! Smiley Very Happy Took me a long time to figure that one out. lol. Obviously, if it was something you couldn't help, like huge medical bills all at once, that's understandable, but if it was a conscious decision to miss payments or whatever, that behaviour can be changed hopefully to help ensure your scores increase & stay increased.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.