cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does your credit rebuild file look like??

tag
spike69
Frequent Contributor

What does your credit rebuild file look like??

I am wondering how others track/note/store their rebuild docs, etc. I have actually moved to a BINDER at this point (not sure if I should laugh or cry about that) with tabs and the whole nine yards.

Second notebook for budget as this rebuild is a result of a medical crisis that left us 60k in medical debt plus late/defaulted on a number of CCs. I am down to less than 2k in debt and one baddie in my credit. Two liens on DHs that we are 20% through. That will take us in to 2015 unfortunately.

Wondering how all of you track your rebuild process- somedays this binder seems like overkill but the CR printouts alone are half of the binder!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Re: What does your credit rebuild file look like??

@spike69 wrote:

I am wondering how others track/note/store their rebuild docs, etc. I have actually moved to a BINDER at this point (not sure if I should laugh or cry about that) with tabs and the whole nine yards.

Second notebook for budget as this rebuild is a result of a medical crisis that left us 60k in medical debt plus late/defaulted on a number of CCs. I am down to less than 2k in debt and one baddie in my credit. Two liens on DHs that we are 20% through. That will take us in to 2015 unfortunately.

Wondering how all of you track your rebuild process- somedays this binder seems like overkill but the CR printouts alone are half of the binder!!!

I got myself a 3-subject notebook,  with 2 pockets for each. I keep all my credit junk and budgeting written in there (trying to keep it organized; the budget stuff gets its own section) and in the pockets I keep all letters and docs that are saved onto my computer. I really want to get and organizer though, a BIG one, so I can keep track of my credit in the long-run, too. I'd keep all my reports in certain folders, etc. The better organized, the better! I even have a list of things I want to to in order of importance and likelihood of completion... lol

And yes, CR prints are making my pockets bulge. lol I wish the CRAs would organize the info better with tables and not have 8 SPs taking up a WHOLE page...

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 2 of 5
spike69
Frequent Contributor

At least I'm not alone with my credit and budget binder!!! Smiley Embarassed

Message 3 of 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

I don't do anything special.

I monitor my reports and pull fresh copies every few months.

Other than that I just pay the bill by the due date.  

My next report pull is going to be mid July and I'm expecting to be knocking on the door of 700 with my EQ score.  By then my util will be less than 10% and I will have multiple cards reporting a $0 balance.  The simulators say I should get 10 points by the middle of this month when the card reports... and when I pay it off next month ($2000) maybe I'll get 10 more.

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 5
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

I do as much as possible electronically. First, I use money management software that of course has all of my bank accounts and credit cards as accounts, but also all debts set up as liability accounts. My paycheck and all regular bills are set up as scheduled transactions, so I can do some budgeting this way.

Because I like to budget per paycheck rather than per month, I also have an Excel file where each pay period is set up on a separate tab. At the top is the starting balance (which pulls from the ending balance on the previous tab). Each bill due that period is plugged in, and then I can make projections for debt payments or other non-regular expenses. For me, this is the best way to see how money I spend now affects me later. I have been bad with money for so long because I'm usually only thinking about what I want RIGHT NOW.

I have another Excel file that lists all of the baddies on my CR, listing OC, CA, DOFD, Status, Balance, Action to take (PDF, GW, BBB complaint, etc.), and then status on each of the CRAs. I'm happy to say most of those have a "Deleted" status in those last columns.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.