cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What else can I do in the short-term to raise my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What else can I do in the short-term to raise my score?

Hey Everyone.

I used to be in the high 600s almost 700 before I filed ch 7 bankruptcy in November of 2010 :-( Anyhow, thats all behind me. I got my discharge back in march 2011. As of yesterday my fico score is 607. Since my bankruptcy I have received 3 credit cards (a first premier bank, credit one bank, and First national bank) all of which are paid in full and i refuse to ever carry a balance on any of them because the rates are so high. I also have an auto loan with Santander Consumer USA which is on time/never late. What else can I do to help raise my score? nothing? A little more background...included in my BK was about 10 credit cards with Chase, Citi, Discover, Capital One, HSBC, bascially every prime credit card issuer out there...I also included 2 cars in my bk, one lease with Honda and a loan with 5/3rd bank. So, as of right now I have 12 negative items and 37 positive (mainly from all the accounts I had pre-bk that were closed and PIF). Please let me know if anyone has any ideas to get my scores up a little. I am looking to get out of my current car loan as the interest rate is 22.9%!!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

Re: What else can I do in the short-term to raise my score?

It sounds like you're doing all the right things. You have some positive open tradelines, you're keeping your utilization low by paying in full each month and you have a mixture of revolving and installment accounts.  Unless there are any negatives you can GW off of your reports, I think you're just looking at waiting for time to bring up your scores.

Starting Score 7/5/10: 498 (EQ)
Current Score 659 (EQ) 699 (EX) 712 (TU)
Goal Score: 700 (for now)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Re: What else can I do in the short-term to raise my score?

Cool! No accounts to GW...the only negative items I have on my credit are the accounts included in BK and my BK public record. No sense disputing accurate information. I never had any collections on my credit. I filed before anything was sold to third party so I was only dealing with the creditor directly.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.