Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What else can I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What else can I do?

I just paid my credit card down to 9% utilization (my score dropped 10 points this month after it went up Smiley Sad ) and sent PFD letters on all my medical collections and one collection from a cable bill.  I sent GW letters to the "baddie" accounts and got one no from Verizon today.  I am hoping next month to see a decent jump with the credit card and I am not going to apply for any new credit cards (I just have one with a $750 limit) because I have way too many inquiries on there right now.  Do I just keep sending the GW letters and PFD's if I don't here from them?

I do have one past due amount of $186 that I sent a PFD but haven't heard anything.  I assume it is really hurting my score but do I push and push for a PFD or just pay it ifI don't get an answer?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What else can I do?

Here is the past due amount, will paying this hurt my score?  I really want the past due amount gone.  The odd thing is that Jefferson Capital isn't collecting - it's with FNCB and the OC is Fingerhut who is also reporting.  Smiley Sad

Credit AccountJeffersncp

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Scheduled Payment Amount [?]Industry
Jun, 2011
Jan, 2010
Feb, 2008
$186
Open Account
Individual
$69
Factoring Companies
Descriptions [?]
  • Collection account

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?]
$186120+ days past due$186
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
0 times
0 times
0 times
Worst Delinquency [?]
None Reported
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Never give up. Keep mailing those letters!

For JeffCap, be sure to mail a DV letter first. Maybe they no longer own the debt and maybe they ignored the PFDs because they can't accept it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking that they had sold it but I got a letter from them saying that they are reporting correctly and once I make payment arrangements with FNCB I cant contact them with any questions regarding their reporting.  So now I'm thinking somehow the two companies work together.

I sent a PFD to FNCB and am still waiting which is causing me to check and double check all my reports and in the meantime driving me bonkers.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.