Regular Contributor
veggs2000

What else can I do?

[ Edited ]

I just paid my credit card down to 9% utilization (my score dropped 10 points this month after it went up :smileysad: ) and sent PFD letters on all my medical collections and one collection from a cable bill.  I sent GW letters to the "baddie" accounts and got one no from Verizon today.  I am hoping next month to see a decent jump with the credit card and I am not going to apply for any new credit cards (I just have one with a $750 limit) because I have way too many inquiries on there right now.  Do I just keep sending the GW letters and PFD's if I don't here from them?

I do have one past due amount of $186 that I sent a PFD but haven't heard anything.  I assume it is really hurting my score but do I push and push for a PFD or just pay it ifI don't get an answer?

Starting Score: EQ: 540 TU: 606 EX: 605 (all from lender on 7/26/11)
Current Score: EQ: 601 TU: 648 EX: 642 (from lender on 8/4/11)
Closed on our home on 8/31/11!!!!
Goal Score: 620-650 to start

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
veggs2000

Re: What else can I do?

Here is the past due amount, will paying this hurt my score?  I really want the past due amount gone.  The odd thing is that Jefferson Capital isn't collecting - it's with FNCB and the OC is Fingerhut who is also reporting.  :smileysad:

Credit AccountJeffersncp

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Scheduled Payment Amount [?]Industry
Jun, 2011
Jan, 2010
Feb, 2008
$186
Open Account
Individual
$69
Factoring Companies
Descriptions [?]
  • Collection account

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?]
$186120+ days past due$186
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
0 times
0 times
0 times
Worst Delinquency [?]
None Reported

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Never give up. Keep mailing those letters!

For JeffCap, be sure to mail a DV letter first. Maybe they no longer own the debt and maybe they ignored the PFDs because they can't accept it.

Regular Contributor
veggs2000

I was thinking that they had sold it but I got a letter from them saying that they are reporting correctly and once I make payment arrangements with FNCB I cant contact them with any questions regarding their reporting.  So now I'm thinking somehow the two companies work together.

I sent a PFD to FNCB and am still waiting which is causing me to check and double check all my reports and in the meantime driving me bonkers.  :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+