cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What else can i do to improve my credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What else can i do to improve my credit?

Hello Everyone,

I ruined my credit between 18-20 being an idiot financially. Last year i decided to take some action and try to build credit, i got two secured cards (citi, first progress) and have never missed a payment. I recently got 2 unsecured cards through Total Visa and Card One (not planning on using besides for something small like netflix) to add some available credit. What else can i do to help improve my score? My negatives wont move ive sent PFD attempts to no avail. Im keeping my utilization at 30% or below but dont see much if any change in my score month after month (ive been at 520 fico for about 4 months).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What else can i do to improve my credit?

Welcome to the forums, you have 4 credit cards it looks like you're good there. You need and installment loan. I forget the name of the loan you should get but someone will come on and tell you what it is. You need to keep your utilization at 9% or lower on 1 card to see a boost in your score.

As far as your negatives you may just have to pay them and then start a good will removal campaign.

Post you negs here and you'll get some advice.

Keep paying your cards on time and keep your utilization low get that loan again someone will tell you and you should see your scores steadily rise. Dv
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.