cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What else to do?

tag
afineteacher

What else to do?

I started my rebuilding journey back in January not knowing my true credit scores. Well in February I subscribed for the 3B report only to find out my scores were about 470 for each bureau! I was devastated! Well I'm happy to report that my scores are Now Transunion 571, Experian 567, and Equifax 523. I have about 8 collections/chargeoffs with 2 that report each month. One collection from AT&T recently transferred to another agency making it look like its a new collection. I was approved for the Capital One secured in February and my utilization is at 17%. I also I have the FingerHut FreshStart account with a balance of $72 that I opened in February as well. I opened a Credit Builder Loan in January for $350 with my credit union. One set of My student loans just finished rehabilitation and have been picked up by NelNet. The others are in administrative forbearance until my Teacher Loan Forgiveness and Loan consolidation is completed.  I was just approved for the Victoria Secret Card for $250 and Credit One for $300 both last Sunday. I'm wanting to buy a house and through Rural Development or FHA hopefully at this time next year. What advice do you all have for me? I know I am not applying for anything else because I have 21 inquiries for Equifax and Experian and 12 for Transunio. Only a few are dropping off this year.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What else to do?

Attempt removal of your unpaid collections and other delinquent accounts by making pay for deletion (PFD) offers.

If accepted, they both remove the issue of having an unpaid, delinquent debt AND remove the major derog from scoring.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.