cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened when your 1st card started reporting.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened when your 1st card started reporting.

I have a fairly thick file with student loans, a paid car auto, a couple collections, and an open car loan.   I just got a qs1 with a 500 balance and the fico simulator says my score will jump 30-40 points.  My fico 8s are in the sig.  What was your situation and how did your first card affect you?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What happened when your 1st card started reporting.

When my 3 cards started reporting I went up almost 100pts but at the time I had zero credit cards.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a fairly thick file with student loans, a paid car auto, a couple collections, and an open car loan.   I just got a qs1 with a 500 balance and the fico simulator says my score will jump 30-40 points.  My fico 8s are in the sig.  What was your situation and how did your first card affect you?

Apply for a second Cap One card - the Platinum.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can see what happened to me from the scores in my signature. I would apply for a secure Discover, BofA and or another Cap1 card. I have read that three is ideal, however I now have 5 cards, with 4 being bank cards and 1 being a store card. I also have Fingerhut but I am not really wanting to use that acocunt.

Edit to Add: I also have 7 Student loan accounts in good standing and one 6 year old charge off I am paying on.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to wait until this card is 6 months old before I apply for another card. I don't want to get secured cards if I don't have to
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit card started reporting to transunion and experian. My trans Union score increased 29pts and experian increased 16pts. Kinda bummed about experian not going up more but it's a start.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.